What's new

Recommend me an ISP for northern NJ (973 area code).. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
My current ISP (Frontline Communications Corp nee Webspan)is upping it's yearly rates to $19.95 per month even when purchasing a yearly plan so I'm interested if anybody has any suggestions for a decent ISP in northern NJ. V.92 would be nice but not expected. This would be for unlimited 56k dialup access, 2 POP accounts, free 5MB or more webspace, and perhaps even their own USENET server feed rather than a remote server but not necessary.

Thanks for any recomendations,

Jay

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I've been using SNiP for a few years now without any problems. www.snip.net ... Never any busy signals. Easy to get a tech person on the line the one time I called them. I only use it for dial-up. I don't use their mail since I have my own domain.
I pay by the 1/2 year so it's $15.95 per month. However I'm hopefully going to cable (Comcast@Home) next week but maybe I'll be back to SNiP in Feb when @Home goes dead and Comcast's network isn't ready. :D

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
You could try NacNet (Net Access Corporation). I used them for a number of years with overall satisfaction. Currently using Verizon DSL and LOVING it!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Thanks guys...

Snip looks really nice, $14.95 for the yearly plan and they seem comparible to fcc.com Webspan (my email address is still webspan.net) was a nice small NJ ISP until they got bought out by FCC, now their CS is a pain to get a hold of by email (I never get answers) and their telephone support is so-so, now they're raising their rates to $17.95 on the yearly plan and I expire in 1/6/2002 so looks like I'll be switching...

Scooter, nice, I've heard of Nac.net, seems their yearly plan though is more expensive than FCC though. Nobody except the nationals seem to support V.92 anyway...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks