Recommend me a sub to go with the SCH K05B50

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikePenn, Jan 24, 2003.

1. MikePenn

MikePenn Auditioning

Since I know a lot of people here seem to have built the K05B50 (which I am really considering building), I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good sub to go with them. The sub could be DIY or bought whole, just as long as it is inexpensive (ie ~$100-150). I was thinking about the PE DLS 10".... any thoughts??
    Because I plan to use the speakers in a stereo setup, I was really tempted to just build the K05B11. However, it seems like the K05B50's are generally considered to be better speakers, and are magnetically shielded which is a plus.

Mike

2. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Mike,

With that budget I'd definitely go with the Dayton DLS 10" sub. It's a great performer for $100 and several people have compared and preferred it to the Sony sub that has been raved about over in the hardware section.

3. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

i use the DLS 10" sub with my k05b50s and it works great. i was using a yamaha yst-sw105 before the DLS and it just didnt have the depth and accuracy of the DLS...the much better build quality on the DLS probably contributes a lot to this

it's hooked up off the preouts on my receiver if you were wondering...