What's new

Recommend me a set of computer speakers (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for the basic 2 speaker and subwoofer set-up, not 4.1 or 5.1. I'm not looking to spend a great deal of money. Hopefully around $50. Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Altec Lansing has been making some very good sounding speakers, and Klipsch is very good too. I've had both AL and Cambridge Soundworks. The Cambridge system has gotten worse over the years, crackles when I change the volume, one speaker will fade in and out, while the Altec Lansing works just as great as when I first bought em. Best Buy should have several setups for you to demo.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I think I spent about $50 or $75 for a set of Monsoon flat panel speakers. They sound great, MUCH better than I was expecting. Two speakers, and a subwoofer.

CarlDJr

Stunt Coordinator

Salvador

Second Unit
advice from personal experience: avoid the klipsch promedia series

go with logitec z series or videologic

i went through 4 busted sets of 4.1 promedias. if your still hot about them, check out there forums and decide for yourself man.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Honestly, I have not heard a pair of computer speakers worth that kind of money. (Refering to the Klipscch.) When I went to hear some at the Best Buy, I was shocked at how bad it really was. Just too expensive for what you get.
I honestly think that you are better off simply getting a pair of nice bookshelves powered with an inexpensive receiver, provided you have the real estate. This is something I plan to do myself, once I settle on an audio card that will do audio well, and still support some of those gaming formats like EAX. (Still researching that, btw, so don't ask me any questions yet!) :)

Salvador

Second Unit
I honestly think that you are better off simply getting a pair of nice bookshelves powered with an inexpensive receiver
That's exactly what i did after much frustration with these computer multimedia speakers. I suggest you do the same. Just do lots of research.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks