What's new

Recommend me a HTiB for $600 (1 Viewer)

AdamTom

Grip
Hey all, i'm new here in the home theater forums, and new to the whole home theater thing in general. about 4 years ago i was given the bose 321 system for christmas from my parents after they bought one for themselves... WOrks great for them, but for me i was left wanting. I was never really impressed with the system itself, the surround imaging sucked and the bass response was, well, less than adequate. Anyway, so i've decided to sell my 321 system on ebay and look for something new for about 600 bucks (home theater and dvd player). i'm looking at the home theater in a box systems and i've heard that the onkyo hts-770 was pretty darn good for the money. What dvd player would you recommend to combine with this? how good is onkyo quality, i've never heard of them, but i'm new to all of this, so... Any other 5.1 or 6.1 sound systems you guys recommend for this price range? Also, how is this system for the long term future? Thanks for the help!

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Adam, I believe that you can't go wrong with any of the Onkyo units. If it were me I would opt for one of the Onkyo systems WITHOUT a DVD player and would purchase the player separately. Avoiding an integrated AMP and DVD player will insure that the system is expandable for the future and guard against having to replace the integrated unit if one of the parts fails. My Parents have such an Onkyo HTiB system connected to a Panasonic DVD player and it has proven reliable and a great value for the money. I would opt for the 6.1 system, although I think you would also be happy with a 5.1. Good luck.:)

AdamTom

Grip
The Onkyo system i'm looking at doesnt come with a dvd player and is 6.1 Component system. So onkyo is a good system eh?

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
I have no personal experience with it but I have seen people recommeding this:

HSU Ventriloquist + STF-2 Package

It goes for $559 but doesn't come with a receiver so I guess that puts you over your budget. :b

Or you could get just the ventriloquist without the sub for $299. But with those small speakers I imagine you'd be craving for bass pretty quickly !

My personal opinion is to put that $600 in the bank and start saving a bit more money as you can. then build your system around a receiver and a good set of fronts.

AdamTom

Grip
I think i may get the onkyo i'm speaking of. it seems to be the best bang for the buck. i'll couple that with a seperate dvd player and i'll be good to go i think... now if i could only afford that wide screen hd tv i want. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks