What's new

Recommend me a “High Fiber” cold cereal w/o raisins. (1 Viewer)

DwightK

Second Unit
Or if you go to Pittsburgh you will hear "Yuns guys goin daan tada kraagers tagit sum gumbands?"

(grew up there and lost the accent but it still cracks me up)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Must be a Pennsylvania thing. When I lived in Wilkes-Barre, people pluralized everything. Wal-Marts, K-Marts, even heard someone say "I got to go to the Quakers Oats warehouse." "Quakers Oats", heyna???

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
One word of warning, even the so called "high fiber" cereals have a whoppingly high sugar content. One example of this is "Wheaties" which although very high fiber also has a crapload of sugar per serving this is also true of most corn flakes type cereals. I would stay away from any cereal that had the words sugar, frosted, honey, etc. in their name. Always check the sugar content. One of the biggest culprits in this is "Honey Bunches of Oats." For some reason, a lot of folks think that honey is a safer alternative to plain old sugar. Honey IS concentrated sugar, nothing more, nothing less. Sugar content is much more important than the fiber content. Nobody ever got a metabolic disease from eating too much fiber.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
My Publix (Acworth,Ga) does not carry "Uncle Sam" cereal. Can't say I'm surprised, Uncle Sam, the character, never was very popular down here. I'll check WalMart & Kroger next week, but I don't think I'll have any different results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks