Recommend fronts to match Take 5's?

Rod Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rod
When I got into HT about 7 years ago, I went with the Energy Take 5 speakers (center, sub and rear surrounds). To save a bit of money, I stuck with my front L and R speakers (can't remember what they are now..but they were my Dad's and are massive and heavy - I refoamed them 7 years ago too).

Anyway. The reason I don't know what brand they are is because I am out of state in a new apt and new job. I brought my inFocus with me and will be buying a new A/V receiver (maybe a Yamaha RX-V2500). On my next round trip, I plan to bring back my Energy's, but can't (just no room in the car, man!) bring the fronts. So, I plan on buying new fronts and wanted to know if anyone could reccommend ones that would best match acoustically with my Take 5's. I'm not even sure if this is a question that can be answered, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Thanks in advance!

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
I would either

(a) go online and search for used Take 5 Energy Speakers to exactly match your existing speakers

(b) stick with Energy and buy some of the new Take speakers or new C Series speakers from them
this would be a nice upgrade and should match OK

http://www.energy-speakers.com/v2/

Rod Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rod
So, for the Energy C Series, would you advise the C-100 or 200 being the best match for the Take 5 rears and center?

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
Generally timbre matching is about the tweeters, so they both should match the same to the Take 5

Another option is to buy 3 C-100's for the fronts and center
Then move your Take center to be a rear center

Since you will be getting a new receiver anyway, it will likely be a 6.1 or 7.1

Then your front stage matches perfectly, and you have a good migration path to a full 6.1 system

Good Luck with this

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro