What's new

Recommend a receiver? (1 Viewer)

djk

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Hi all,
I hope I'm posting this in the right spot. This may be a dumb question, but here's my situation -- I have a pair of Bose speakers that have been sitting in my basement for awhile now. I'm trying to figure out what I need in order to hook them up so I can play music. Years ago I had a receiver that the red and black speaker wires connected to. Do I still need a receiver in order to play music on the speakers? If so, can someone recommend something cheap? These would only be for use in my man cave so the quality etc isn't terribly important - just need to know what I need to be able to hook these up.

These are probably 15-20 years old and look very similar this these:

https://www.vintagetoysillustrated....NG_SPEAKERS_RIGHT_LEFT_BLACK_FLOOR_STANDS.JPG

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, you need a receiver, or an integrated amplifier if you don’t need a radio. And some speaker wire. Your cheapest bet will be something used at a pawn shop.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

djk

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Hi Wayne,
Thank you much for the reply! I figured that'd be the case. I don't need a radio -- I do need something blue tooth capable though. Basically I just want to be able to play music on Spotify and have it come out of my Bose speakers rather than my computer. Do you have any specific suggestions? Doesn't have to be the cheapest thing out there, but really looking to minimize the spend.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonvn
Recent bookmarks