Recommend a receiver please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by jonnyMa, Mar 6, 2006.

1. jonnyMa

jonnyMa Agent

Looking for a receiver for about $300.(have about $1200 to spend on the audio). I know its tight but its my first whack at ht and I just want(actually I can just afford would be more accurate[​IMG] ) a basic set up. Any info greatly appreciated Thanks.

P.s. what are peoples views on ordering online. I live in Ireland and it's not easy to source a lot of this gear(and even harder to find realistic prices)

2. Ben Nelson

Ben Nelson Extra

Everyones is saying that Panasonic's SA-XR55 is a best buy for around $230.

I see alot of people on the net raving about it.

As far as ordering online, I think it's great as long as you do you research.

If you can go to a store and listen or watch the device you want to get, chances are you'll be able to go online later and get it much cheaper. Alot of times with no tax and free shipping depending on what your getting and where your getting it from.

Normally I'd advise that you actually hear or watch a device before you buy it. Just don't buy somthing on the net blindly unless they have a great return policy.

3. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

i think you may not be able to find one online anymore

have you heard of any other receiver being sold out? (ok, well the earleir XR45 did, too)

4. Ben Nelson

Ben Nelson Extra

Sold out Eh?

Are they going to make some more or hold us hostage untill the next model comes out?