Recommend a quality electric razor! (Razor bumps... ugh)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew_Millheiser, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

Well, razor bumps are pretty much turning my face into lumpy potato salad. I'm in my early 30s, of mixed Latin/African/Sephardic Jewish descent, and all of that curly hair in my genetic ancestry has come to haunt me, big time! [​IMG]
    I was told stop shaving with a multi-blade razor, then not to shave every day, and finally to go ahead and pick up an electric razor.
    I've never used one, and nobody I know does. Can anybody recommend a good one to me? One that shaves fairly close and won't crap out after a few months? I've tried looking online and haven't found anything substantial in terms of information. Phooey!

2. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

I've used a Norelco for several years. Works great. Close, comfortable shaves. [​IMG]

3. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

I'll second the vote for the Norelco. I use a rechargable model and it does a fine job. Of course there is nothing better than a blade but it's good enough.

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    After switching through several brands/styles of blade razors, and then three elctric razors, my biggest suggestion is, get a wet/dry electric razor, and then only use it wet. I shave in the shower, and I use regular shaving cream. I have one of those norelco razors with the "goo" packs, but I dont use the goo, I just use regular shaving cream. It is the best shave I've ever had.

5. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

I have the Braun Syncro with the cleaning station. Very good shave and the cleaning station is great. You keep the blades and foil fresh for every shave.

Patrick

6. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I've used a ton of different brands, but Norelcos are my favorites. For me, they shave closely and comfortably. I will say that they seem to be somewhat of a personal choice though, depending on things such as the shape of your face and the coarseness of your beard. So, like speakers, don't be shy about trying them out, then returning the things if they don't suit you.

7. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Love my Norelco. Spring for a cordless model.

8. Charles J P

CJ Paul

9. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Return them if you don't like it? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'd hate to be shaving with a new razor and find out there's someone else's hair stuck in there. [​IMG]

10. Charles J P

CJ Paul