What's new

Recommend a Portable DVD player ? (1 Viewer)

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone:

Anyone have experience with Portable DVD players? My company does a lot of DVD/video presentations and is looking at getting a stand-alone DVD player (instead of a laptop which always seem to not work or set-top unit to lug around) for such a purpose. We are looking at something rugged and built like a tank to withstand heavy travel. Any good recommendations?

Thanks!

Todd

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I just read a review of the Toshiba SD-P1200 in DVD ECT..
the header reads " A new standard for portables has been set".
According to the review it has a "rubberized" chasis and also includes cool features like two headphone jacks a 7in. 16:9 screen.....
Check it out!

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Hey thanks for the recommendations guys! That Toshiba sounds promising. I'll definitely be looking into that as well as others you all mentioned.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I have a Fujitsu P2120 notebook that has a DVD player/CD-ROM burner in it. Here is a link:

P-2120 notebook

While it would be considered a bit pricey for a standalone DVD player you also get a fully functional notebook PC. The screen is awesome and widescreen format. It also has modem, 10/100 nic, wireless nic, firewire, usb 2, vga out, s-video out, optical digital out, and stereo out. I have had mine for several months and love it. Pair it with this battery
Powerpad 160

and you will have hours of DVD enjoyment. I use this battery and have gotten over 14 hours of use. No joke.

Laters,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks