What's new

Recommend a Home Owners Insurance Company (1 Viewer)

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
As the title states, I am looking for a good Insurance Company to insure my new home being built in Pasco County Florida. USAA, my insurance company for ten years, refuses to insure the home unless it has a soil test (cost $1500-2000), as there have been some issues with sinkhole damage over the years, and they cover it in the policy.

Any suggestions?
AAA and State Farm come to mind as large companies that I will be contacting.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I've had state farm for a year (which is when I bought the house), and have used them for auto insurance since I was 16. I've never had any problems with them. But I've never had to make a claim.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I will add a vote for State Farm.

Thus far they have handled the lightning strike to my home last week flawlessly. I have been with them 10+ years through Renter's insurance and 2 homes. They also have my cars, motorcycles and personal article policies.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
State Farm. Had to file a homeowner's claim for snow and ice damage and two auto claims under comprehensive coverage for vandalism. They've always been fast and reasonable in their estimates.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have also had good luck with State Farm. I've used them for auto insurance for about 22 years, and 13 years for home owners insurance. While you may find another company with slightly cheaper rates, SF has always been good to deal with when I had a claim.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shayne, I have always been happy with State Farm. I called upon them when my computer was fried in an electrical storm last summer. They were very responsive and took good care of me. I have had the same luck with State Farm for car insurance. You know, I consider State Farm like a good neighbor. ;) I know. That sucked. :frowning:

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
State Farm isn't insuring homes in my area because, as they say, they are full and can't accept any more new policies. I was able to find a great rate with Nationwide. Anyone have positive/negative experiences with the?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
How about Farmers Insurance? I used to be a Property Claims Adjuster for them and they are very good about paying claims (at least at the claims office I was working at). Always read and understand your policy; I am surprised at how many people have no idea what they purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks