What's new

Recommend a good ISF Calibrator in Dayton OH Area? (1 Viewer)

Captain Spaulding

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
After reading all the threads about very good and not-so-good ISF calibrations, I'd like to know if anyone can recommend an ISF calibrator in the Dayton or SW Ohio area that they have used. Many thanks!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Jay, Im not sure if any of the other ISFers are traveling your way (Im sure they will respond if they are).

I will be going to St Louis in February and could continue on to your area if you are interested. Send me an email if so.

Regards

Gregg

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Jay
what set do you have?
I live in Toledo ohio and I wanted to check out some people's hdtv sets...that are calibrated well...local dealers don't carry my line (pioneer elites..out of my price range) and best buy/cc never have a calibrated set to look at..
-ELmO

Captain Spaulding

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
ELmO,
I just took delivery on a Hitachi 51SWX20B. I'm not sure when I will be getting it calibrated. Out of the box after using the AVIA setup disc, HD looks fantastic, DVD looks excellent, but very dependent upon the original transfer quality, and the DirecTV and OTA feeds through my TiVo's look pretty good. I'm VERY impressed with the geometry on this set. Straight lines on test patterns look nearly perfect, better than any direct view set I've owned. After MUCH research on what set to buy for my first rear projection, I'm very pleased!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Jay,

The excellent David Abrams ([email protected]) comes through 2 or 3 times a year. However, since he's in LA (working for Joe Kane on Digital Video Essentials and other projects!) through December, there's a good chance he wouldn't be through here before Gregg in February.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I've seen that same set at circuit city in toledo, looks great. Of course analog will look bad...but anyways, if you don't mind I ask (private message me) the price you got it for?

CC sells it for $2800, but I've read people with the 57" ($3200) got it from CC for a measely $2650.

-ELmO

David_Wh

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,

You might want to check over at the hometheaterspot.com
There is a dedicated area specifically for calibration, ISF techs and so on.
I recommend Chuck Williams. He is based in Washington DC but I flew him out to calibrate my WS-65" Mits RPTV. He did a wonderful job. You want to give your set some usage time (100-200 hours)before a serious calibration....so you have a little bit of time to find a qualified ISF tech. Good luck and enjoy the set.

David White

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks