What's new

Recommend a circular saw (1 Viewer)

ShannonS

Auditioning
Ronnie (and others):

I have the 19.2v cordless version of the 6" Saw Boss. Stay away from the cordless if you plan to do any serious sawing. It's light and portable, but only cuts a few 2X4's before it starts to give out. Stick with the corded version. Other than the power issue, it's a great little saw. The left handed blade makes it much easier to see what you are doing.

Try Lowe's for the blades. The one close to my house carries a 18 tooth and 40 tooth blade and was cheaper than most of the online retailers.

Dan_Whip

Agent
As a former framer, I'd have to agree with the suggestions of a worm drive. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but after using it I would never go back.

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Killer link Craig :emoji_thumbsup: , that looks like my first project to make when I get my new saw. Thanks.

Hank, I would love a table saw but that won't fly with the significant other right now.:frowning: Will have to work on that one for when christmas rolls around.

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Ronnie

What makes the sawboard so great is you basically register it to your saw. When you line up a sawboard, the edge of the board is where the cut will be. If you use other saw guides, you have to measure for the width of the foot, kerf, etc. The sawboard is simple, accurate and reiable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks