1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend a carosel cd-player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Johnson, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Dave Johnson

Dave Johnson Stunt Coordinator

CD Player
    Carosel (5-disc ?)
    Denon, Yamaha, ??? (sorry, won't buy a Sony)
    $200-300
    looking for quality over features (but must play cd-r, cd-rw)
    thanks in advance.

2. Mike Burke

Mike Burke Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't sell Sony short! I am a VERY loyal Denon fan and last Christmas, I went shopping for a 5 disc player around $350.00. I did an A/B with the Sony CA70ES and the Denon DCM-360. Somethings to consider Sony ES has a 5 year warranty..Denon has a 1 year. S/N ratio was higher on the Sony, Athstetically the Sony is nicer. You can save 215 CD titles in text on the Sony.
    I too was not too keen on buying a Sony but I think I would have made a worse mistake buying the Denon. I couldn't be happier with my Sony CA70ES!!!
    Mike

3. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Onkyo dxc-380...great player for under $200....Out of stock in a lot of places, that tells you something !!

4. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    the Sony CA70ES is a fine player (bundled with a 5-yr warranty [​IMG]). i'd either go with that or the Marantz CC-4000. search for that, as i posted a few times last week on this same topic.
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    My HT