What's new

Reckless (1984) (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Before I mention my DVD that arrived today, let me say that I did a SEARCH for this movie. The search bore fruit. There were at least 3 relevant threads. I chose the oldest one, which also had the most replies.
But, it's archived, so I could not reply to it.
A mistake I'd say. The posts in that thread had useful info, which I would have been pleased to add to.
Now, instead, there will be FOUR threads dealing with RECKLESS.

Anyway, I can still copy and paste so, lets hear it for the OP, John Hertsberg:
[commenting on Reckless and Summer Lovers]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]
These two classic early eighties time capsules, both graced by the lovely Daryl Hannah, are in dire need of new, anamorphic widescreen transfers. There is significant interest in these titles and with the wealth of catalog titles MGM has been releasing, I hope it's only a matter of time before we see these on DVD.

OK
Along with the recent arrival of "Dreamchild", Warner Archives has provided two films that I have wanted for a long time.
"Reckless" looks and sounds very good, and the scenes with Daryl Hannah and Aidan Quinn where just as intense as I remembered them.

The only extra on the disc was the trailer. Frankly, I'm suspicious. It wasn't structured like a trailer, and why would it include the word F%#k?[/COLOR]

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Henry Gale

The only extra on the disc was the trailer. Frankly, I'm suspicious. It wasn't structured like a trailer, and why would it include the word F%#k?

Your suspicious because it is not a trailer. There was a brief time that Warner Archive just placed a clip from the film (the same clip posted on the site) as a trailer. There are about two dozen releases that way. It is irritating in that you are expecting a trailer and not a film clip and a useless clip at that. The clip is usually the first couple of minutes of the film's opening.

Agree with you on how the film still stands up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks