Recievers that allow input level adjustment for different source?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Vince Maskeeper, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I know some receivers allow you to do a gain offset (input trim level) for each input, allowing you to increase/decrease the input level for each source to allow you to make them closer to the same level- so switching between them is less drastic.

I'm interested in brands/models that offer this, and specifically what the feature is called in the menu (working on an article on this topic, want to include some alternate names for this control).

Thanks in advance for the help.

-V

2. Baldemar Garcia

Baldemar Garcia Stunt Coordinator

I haven't bought a receiver in a long time, and I don't keep up with the latest unless I'm in the market BUT, I know Onkyo refers to this feature as IntelliVolume. If you're looking at an Onkyo, see if this feature is still included.

3. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith Stunt Coordinator

Onkyo's higher-end line, Integra, also offers this feature as IntelliVolume. It allows you to adjust each input between -12 and +12 dB.

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

JVC's let you set the Volume Levels for "All" Speakers, Tone, Surround Sound Type, Stereo, DSP Modes & etc for Each Different Input including seperate settings for the AM & FM Radio. If I remember right? JVC calls it "One Touch Operation" This was one of the reasons I bought my daughter a JVC because after her boyfriend set it up for her all she has to do is select the "Input" she wants to use & everything has already been claibrated for her. If she din't live in another state I might have considered something else but that's the reason I went with the JVC so after it was setup she would'nt have to be fooling around & trying to figure out how to adjust something. The JVC was the most user friendly receiver after it was calibrated that I could find. Hope that's what you were looking for.

5. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

The B&K model have this.
    I think my old Denon 5700 did as well.

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Do you remember what it was called in the menu?

7. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

My Anthem AVM-20 has it. Can't remember what it's called, but I'm sure you can download the manual online and look it up...

Not really a receiver though, but I thought I'd chime in anyways.

8. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

On the B&K products its within the input setup.
    If using the B&K software suite this would be tab #6
    under the system menu.
    As for my old, now gone 5700. I very well could be mistaken on this as fact, I will need to look over the pdf users guide to refresh the memory.

9. Harry Lincoln

Harry Lincoln Stunt Coordinator

Yamaha DSP-a3090, "input trim". Adjustable between 0db and +6db in 2db increments.

10. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

On my H/K Signature 2.0, it's simply referred to as "input level"...