What's new

Reciever recomendations (1 Viewer)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, I know this is a repost, but I was gone a couple of days and when I came back my thread was off the forum. Anyway, I am looking for some recomendations for a reciever around $400. $400 or less would be nice, but what is out now that would be a good deal for this price? My mom is wanting to get my step dad a reciever for their anniversary.

Art_C

Stunt Coordinator
Onkyo 595 can be had for around $400.

You should buy them from an authorized dealer because Onkyo is pretty strick about this when comes to warranty time.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Your best bet is probably a Denon 1802 or an Onkyo 595. I know the 595 can be had for $360 from an authorized dealer ( www.jandr.com ) if you haggle with them. You might even get a lower price nowadays. There are some Kenwoods in that price range that have been recommended by others.

William_L

Grip
I agree with the Onkyo 595. I've had mine now for a few months, and love it (but all I really had to compare it to was my previous unit, an old Technics, and there is no comparison :)
For $400, I think it's great

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Don't count out the Yamaha RXV620. IMO, It is the best budget HI power receiver around. 100WX5, plenty of inputs to spare, Component video switching, etc. If all that stuff doesn't matter to you and you don't mind less power, I would say the Denon is an excellent choice as well.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Andy,

Excuse me if I misinterpret what you wrote about your thread being off the board, but just in case I have it right, I'd like to point out that there is a box at the top of the message page, to the right, which allows you to list all posts for up to a year.

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
sorry, thats a good point, i just never thought of that. let me refraze by saying it went off what i could see, ie. 3 pages. my fault, sorry.

thanks for the recomendations though, if there are others keep them coming.

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any front and back panel pictures of the RX-V620? I got on Yamaha's website and I couldnt find a back panel pic and the front panel pic is small.

Also, can anyone vouch for the Marantz 4200? How does it perform and stack up to the Denon and Yamaha? I have a friend that has had a Marantz,and he wasent that impressed. How is their quality and realibility?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks