What's new

Reciever or similar question (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for either a reciever or something of the similar for under $200. The main thing it needs is 4 s-video and 4 optical inputs. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Jeff,

John directed you to a great thread. One of those receivers has almost all the features you are looking for (of those you mentioned). What I suggest is that you go to www.crutchfield.com and search via your criteria. Then look around for the best price. You may not find what you are looking for in a sub $200 but look around and search for deals. Good luck,
José

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
As nobody can give me a reciever in the $200 range that has 4 optical inputs and 4 s-video inputs, I guess I'm gonna settle for the next best thing and just convert one of my optical inputs to digital coax. Anybody know anything about the JVC RX-8040B?

John S

Senior HTF Member
I do think AVR designers, sort of assume once your at 4 video devices / 4 digital devices, your probably beyond this price range. I know of none, that meet your need $200 or under.

best of luck, come on back and let us know what you end up with and your impressions of it please.

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I should of mentioned I'm not just looking at retail. If I can find a good used unit in this range with what I need then I'd get that. And I want all 4 inputs to be on back, I hate cords running in front of it.

Kent Y

Auditioning
You will definitely have to look for something used, especially for four optical outputs.

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I need four optical inputs. I've been considering just going with 3 optical inputs and a digital coax input. I've found a couple of those in the price range with 4 s-video inputs. Can anyone give me any info on any of those?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Well post up.. What did you find with even that functionality? Everything I looked at new, seemed to not have that many svideo inputs.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
The onk, I believe, has 4 "s" and 3 "o" ins. The reason I gave you the www.crutchfield.com site is because when you do a compare, you can get this info and even search by the criteria you want. Of course at that site the price will be high, unless a special or refurb, which is what you can find the Onk for if you shop around. The onk with 3/4 v/o ins can be found new for $229 or close to that. A great deal if you ask me.

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
I actually found quite a bit of recievers with 4 s-video and 3 optical and 1 coax that were around the $200 range. I'll edit in all the models when I get a chance a little later today.

Yamaha HTR 5550
YAMAHA HTR 5660 (has all the inputs I wanted)
Denon AVR-2803 (more around the $225 area)
Yamaha RX-V800
Panasonic SA-HE200
JVC RX-8040B

These are just a few i found real quickly. I'll post a more comprehensive list later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks