1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Reciever or similar question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jeff_A_G, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Jeff_A_G

Jeff_A_G Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for either a reciever or something of the similar for under $200. The main thing it needs is 4 s-video and 4 optical inputs. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

2. John S

John S Producer

3. Jeff_A_G

Yeah, thats nice. But does anyone know of one that has the inputs I need?

4. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

Jeff,

John directed you to a great thread. One of those receivers has almost all the features you are looking for (of those you mentioned). What I suggest is that you go to www.crutchfield.com and search via your criteria. Then look around for the best price. You may not find what you are looking for in a sub $200 but look around and search for deals. Good luck,
    José

5. Jeff_A_G

As nobody can give me a reciever in the $200 range that has 4 optical inputs and 4 s-video inputs, I guess I'm gonna settle for the next best thing and just convert one of my optical inputs to digital coax. Anybody know anything about the JVC RX-8040B?

6. John S

John S Producer

I do think AVR designers, sort of assume once your at 4 video devices / 4 digital devices, your probably beyond this price range. I know of none, that meet your need $200 or under.

best of luck, come on back and let us know what you end up with and your impressions of it please.

7. Jeff_A_G

I guess I should of mentioned I'm not just looking at retail. If I can find a good used unit in this range with what I need then I'd get that. And I want all 4 inputs to be on back, I hate cords running in front of it.

8. Kent Y

Kent Y Auditioning

You will definitely have to look for something used, especially for four optical outputs.

9. Jeff_A_G

Actually I need four optical inputs. I've been considering just going with 3 optical inputs and a digital coax input. I've found a couple of those in the price range with 4 s-video inputs. Can anyone give me any info on any of those?

10. John S

John S Producer

Well post up.. What did you find with even that functionality? Everything I looked at new, seemed to not have that many svideo inputs.

11. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

The onk, I believe, has 4 "s" and 3 "o" ins. The reason I gave you the www.crutchfield.com site is because when you do a compare, you can get this info and even search by the criteria you want. Of course at that site the price will be high, unless a special or refurb, which is what you can find the Onk for if you shop around. The onk with 3/4 v/o ins can be found new for $229 or close to that. A great deal if you ask me.

12. Jeff_A_G

I actually found quite a bit of recievers with 4 s-video and 3 optical and 1 coax that were around the $200 range. I'll edit in all the models when I get a chance a little later today.

Yamaha HTR 5550
    YAMAHA HTR 5660 (has all the inputs I wanted)
    Denon AVR-2803 (more around the $225 area)
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Panasonic SA-HE200
    JVC RX-8040B

These are just a few i found real quickly. I'll post a more comprehensive list later.