***Reciever or pre/pro for PSB???***

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenneth Ho, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Kenneth Ho

Kenneth Ho Auditioning

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. just want to say high to everybody!!!!

I am running into a decision on the receiver/separate now for my speakers. I have a PSB Stratus Silver and PSB 6Ci for the center. I am looking for a receiver/separate that runs under $1500 (street price). I am looking at the B&K 307 or 305, NAD 752, HK 8000 for the receiver, and a combo of Outlaw 950 and Parasound 1205 for the separate. I heard that the PSBs are power hunger. I like to listen to warm and soft kind of music. Can anyone on this forum please give me some input. Thanks for your time.

Ken

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I would go with the separates if you can. You just can't beat the performance it offer over the receivers. The Parasound is an excellent amp that should perform admirably. More than enough juice for your power hungry speakers.

Kevin

3. Kenneth Ho

Kenneth Ho Auditioning

If using the separate, how does the Parasound 1205 different with the 2205? I know 2205 has more power, is there any other difference? For separate, which component is more important for the sound quality? is it the pre-amp or the amp? Thanks for your reply!!!

Ken