Reciever opinions please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Steve_Barrow, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

well have been putting cash aside for a while now to replace my Denon 1603 as my main amp. I have narrowed the field down to 3 so far, and kind of have an idea of my order of favorite based on features.

I was hoping some of you kind folks could offer me some opinions on the following
    1. Integra DTR 8.4
    2. Denon AVR-4802R
    3. Yamaha RX-Z1[/list=1]

the prices vary a bit and are part of the reason for the order. any opnions would be greatly appreciated. Main use will be Movies.

Thanks in advance I look forward to reading the reply's!

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Steve,

Is there any reason why you are not considering separate components? With the money that you would expect to spend for the receivers on your list, you could get into the separates league - if you desired.

Then again, those are some great receivers on your list.

3. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

to be honest, there are 2 reasons [​IMG]

1: I'd really kinda like to have a flagship or near flagship reciever for a change [​IMG]
    2: Most of the seperates I've been looking for ( Integra 9.4 pair, Anthem, outlaw, Aragon) are sooooo expensive.

Do you feel that seeking seperates would be a better Choice on the same budget? Any recommendations?

4. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

You could get into used seperates.....

5. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

well, time has come and I have narrowed the list a bit further.

Hopefully someone has experience and can answer for me these questions

Integra 7.4 and 8.4 in spec I'm having a hard time finding much difference. Is it as simple as 10W per channel? Everything else looks the same aside from some esthetics.
    Also around here pricing between the onkyo and integra is large. $1700cdn for the 901 or $2550cdn for the 8.4. Am I missing something in the difference between them aside from gold plated connectors?

Is there another canadian retailer (online?)someone has experience with and could recommend?

once again, thanks in advance