Reciever for JM Lab Sib and Cub 5.1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Corey_M_D, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Corey_M_D

Corey_M_D Auditioning

Alright,

I just purchased the Sib and Cub 5.1 surround setup. I first heard the speakers at The Good Guys, and fell in love.
    They were so clear and powerful.

I am now in the market for a reciever and dvd player.
    (Separate boxes obviously). What is the best reciever I can get that will put out at least 6.1 channel, for future upgrade, and powerful enough for my speakers UNDER $300.
    Thanks!

2. Stephen M

Stephen M Stunt Coordinator

Why necessarily go with separate boxes? Rotel makes a very nice receiver/dvd player that was well reviewed in the Perfect Vision. While I am normally adverse to these all-in-one units, I have great respect for Rotel and suspect this will be winner. [​IMG]

3. Corey_M_D

Corey_M_D Auditioning

I am looking for something under $300 tho, so that is no where near my price range.

4. Corey_M_D

Corey_M_D Auditioning

Does anyone have any idea?

5. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Corey,

Which receiver was being used to "demo" the speakers at Good Guys when you loved the sounds you were hearing?

Circuit City has the Pioneer 912 on sale this week for under $300, plus, there's a $25 merchandise card given to you based on the purchase.

6. Corey_M_D

Corey_M_D Auditioning

I checked with the store and Found out that the receiver was a Denon AVR-3803. Figures, it is $1200, but what else would u recommend that would give a similair sound for much less?

I should also mention that I use this for movies %95 of the time.

7. Michael__M

Michael__M Stunt Coordinator

Wait a bit longer and save some more money. I wouldn't 'waste' $300 dollars on equipment that already has upgrade written all over it. The 3803 is being cleared out for $600-700 around the web now that the 3805 is out. The goal is almost within your reach.