What's new

Reciever For $300 ?? (1 Viewer)

ken-m

Agent
I WAS WANTING TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE THINKS IS A GOOD RECIEVER FOR MY SETUP?

MAINS.....POLK RT25I'S
CENTER...POLK CSI30
SURROUNDS...OPTIMUS PRO88XV'S
SUB......POLK PSW202

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

ken-m

Agent
THANKS ANDREW. I WAS LOOKING AT THE ONKYO TXSR501. IT HAS A LOT OF FEATURES FOR THE MONEY. ALSO REALLY LIKE THE H/K 230 MODEL.

Dwayne F

Auditioning
I just made a post that I ordered a refurbished Harmon Kardon AVR225. I ordered it from PCMall.com total was $279, because I had to pay tax,$18, and I get a rebate to cover shipping, $28. Thats the best deal I could find.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I would vote for the HK AVR-125 refurb. unit. Now I know people are iffy about buying refurbs but HK gives the full warranty like they would give on any of there new products. Always a very nice added feature, and don't know anyone who complains about the refurb. HK products.

The HK AVR-125 can be found for about $200 uif you look around. I like to buy my stuff from www.soundcity.com but there are alot of other places.

Also, 6th Ave seems to be having some deals on Denon equipment so you might wanna check that out too.

Good luck with your decision.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I think you should get a reciever with 6.1, and component video switching. H/K and Onkyo both are great products for sure. Features may seem like gimmicks until you really need/want one of them and don't have it.

Joseph Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
The Onkyo TX-SR501 is 6.1 and was $195 shipped from ecost.com. It's refurbished by Onkyo and comes with a full 1 year warranty plus the option to buy an extended warranty. I checked last night and they had 133 left. I just got mine and I'm blown away by the features and the price.

For the money, you won't find a better receiver. And $100 buys a few DVD's, a nicer remote, can be put towards cables etc. or can be saved for the dreaded 'future upgrades.' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks