What's new

reciever around 450-500 (1 Viewer)

Matthew BW

Stunt Coordinator
I need some suggestions on a receiver in the 450 to 500 price range. I currently have a kenwood vr-507 receiver and ever since getting my wharfedal diamond 8.1's I have noticed that they do not sound very good with this receiver. The sound is very harsh. The kenwood is rated at 100 X 5. I am not sure if it is because these speakers are 6 ohm speakers and they only have 86 db efficiency for the mains and 88 for the center. I am looking at possibly one of the HK receivers but the only thing that concerns me is there power output. I am looking for a warm sounding receiver.

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
check out:
pioneer vsx 811
panasonic sa-he200
the h&k you mentioned
denon 2802

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
check out:
pioneer vsx 811
panasonic sa-he200
the h&k you mentioned
denon 2802

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Also Marantz SR5200, Onkyo SR700.

H/K's power ratings seem low, but they tend to be accurate, so you should not have a problem with power from and H/K. The 507 I'm sure, does not meet it's power rating. An H/K with the same, and probably even lower power rating will deliver more power than this particular Kenwood.

If you are more interested in music, H/K and Marantz are the way to go in this price range, IMO.

See if you can get another receiver on loan from a local dealer to make sure it is the receiver that is causing the harshness. It may not be the receiver alone causing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks