What's new

reciever air space in cabinet. (1 Viewer)

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
I've seen various threads on haw much space one should have for the reciever to properly breathe .so to say.Due to the design of my rack,2 shelf,glass front ,open rear..I've done one of the major "no-no"s" I have a 2 dvd players and my Dish box on top of the HK520.:b .One DVD, old Pioneer 434,unit is on top of the reciever,it just takes up space and acts as a heat shield for the JVC player.To add some air space I got some of the plastic PVC pipe caps and painted them and put them under the feet of the Pioneer,so I have approx 3 in of clearance above the HK,due to the HK's depth,it has approx 4 in on the open back side that is not covered by anything.Due you guys think this is ok?? I have never had any overheat issues with it,and are currently thinking about a small fan to blow across the back.think this be enough??

Greg

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Greg, that's exactly what I did, I installed a small blower fan to blow across the top and back of the receiver. I have the HK 500 and I have about two inches of breathing space between the top of the receiver and the top of the cabinet.
I don't know how much room you have in your shelving unit but it might be wise to place the DVD players on top of each other on the bottom shelf with the Dish receiver, then move the shelf it it can to accommodate the HK 520 only on the top shelf with the fan install. The DVD players and satellite box generates heat but on top of the HK, that's much more heat generated in that small area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks