reciever advice

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelDW, Aug 24, 2002.

1. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

i purchased a psb c6i center speaker to start off my surround sys. now I am going to buy a reciever, my only problem is I went and listen to some klipsch speakers I really liked how they sounded very "bright" as ya'll call it more like crisp to me, any way I hooked up this psb to a very cheap wallmart radio and the sound was to say the least a let down. (no place to test psb around my area. )now that I have the psb wich reciever would you suggest to "brighten " it up I hope this thing don't sound near this dull with a good reciever

2. Will Gatlin Jr

Will Gatlin Jr Stunt Coordinator

That's a very hard question. I've heard of seperate power amps that can do what you want. Receiver's are another question. Maybe you can look at some receiver's with EQ'ing. My Sony 555ES has great EQ'ing for each spk. My bedroom spks are Sony (4-way) tower spks, and my centre/rear spks are Yamaha's. The EQ'ing (seperate tweet,mids,bass) let me bring the spks closer together for timbre/sound. It works very well. Maybe you need to change the spks. Good luck!!