Real Name
bobby
i have the following reciever:

pioneer elite vsx-91 txh

i have the following speakers that need to be set:

2x pioneer elite f700's

1x pioneer elite c700

4x pioneer elite s700

I kinda have the f700's tuned in but i could use a little help on all the rest. i need help with the 4 s700's the most.

the reciever has a 9 band EQ. i do not have the 9 ranges on me but i will post them later.

what would you guys recommend for eq settings for these speakers to sound the best?

What i am looking for is to mazimize surround performance when watching movies.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Speakers themselves should not require EQ - rather it is the room that needs EQ. Since we can't come over and measure your room for you, I'm afraid you'll have to do it yourself!

It's easy, and fun. Get a sound pressure level meter from Radio Shack, and use the test tones in the receiver or purchase one of the test disks. spend an afternoon making lots of pink noise, and dial in your system!

The procedure is available online, I'm sure.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Also, don't assume using EQ is the default thing to do. There are two general schools of thought. One is to not use any sound shaping. For every thing you fix, you can create three other problems. In any case, you need to do what you can with the acoustics of the room and speaker placement before any EQ.

Brent_S

Second Unit
I'd start by letting MCACC do it's thing first. It'll attempt to EQ all of your channels flat.

-Brent

mrhtguy

Agent
Real Name
bobby
i was thinking that, i'll have to tighten up and buy a calibration mic.

mrhtguy

Agent
Real Name
bobby
it was advertised as mint/like new.

i got the remote and a hdmi cable with it but no manual or calibration mic :frowning: . I dled the manual and priced the mic. the positive is i bought the reciever for a mere $325.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonvn
Recent bookmarks