What's new

Recieved my 25-31! (1 Viewer)

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Only problem is the fuse is busted! I wasn't getting any power (I have the PC version) so I checked the fuse and it's all black. Can I just run up to radio shack and show it to them and they'll be able to give it to me right away or is this some type of fuse that is hard as hell to get?
If any of you know the answer and can post it before I head that way I'd appreciate it :)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Just stick a paper clip in there......

NO! Kidding!

SVS made sure everything they did was user-friendly. Rat Shak will have it.

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I'm havin' a little trouble. Heres the story from start to "finish" so far. I got home, unpacked the sub and plugged 'er in. Noticed I had no power, so I checked the fuse and it was all black. Figured it got messed up through shipping, no problem. Ran to radio shack and picked some more up. Put the new one in and no go. Took it out and the wire was plastered to the side of the glass. Well, I got 3 more, lets try again.
This time I actually read the disclaimer on the amp and uplugged the power cord from the amp (along with setting it to "off"). Put the new fuse in, plugged the amp back into the wall and switched it to "on" No go. Didn't even see the led blink "on" for a second. I take out the fuse once more and the wire is plastered to the side of the glass.
I only have two left and am afraid to try it agian. I *really* don't want to run out to radio shack again :frowning:

Heath_R

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like it might be blowing the fuse as soon as it comes on. Call SVS and ask for some help. From what I've heard about their service they should resolve it quickly.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
You've got an internal amp problem(most likely). Contact Ron/Tom, they will fix it for you. Most likely you'll have to send it back to them and they will send you a new one though...bummer!

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Would you be kind enough to either post or email me their phone number? I've lookd around on their website, looked at the invoice and through the manual and haven't been able to find anything except and email address (and I've already emailed them)

[edit]

down to the last fuse. This time I heard it "pop" as soon as I applied power. Damnit! I've waited so long just to (most likely) have to send it back and wait longer

[edit2]

It couldn't possibly be the wrong fuse could it? The original one says:

T2AL 250v

while the radio shack says:

2A 250v

Both look like they would work, even though the radio shack ones are ever so slighly bigger?

DennisMc

Grip
The SVS manual calls for RS part number 270-1066 (4.0 amp 250 volt), which I'm sure is what you got. What a bummer, maybe you should try that paper clip now.

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
no, no....the guy at radio shack gave me 2-amp "fast acting" fuses. Part number 270-1052. I hope to god this is the problem?! Can some one tell me this might be it (having under powered fuses)?

it's still kinda disterbing that the original fuse was blown when I got it?

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
hah, you're right :) I'll try that now....cheaper than sending it back, thats for sure....
please, please, please god make this be it....I want some bass! I took off work and all for this :)

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
I just creamed my shorts! lol,,

adsjsdalkfjasl;dfl;kasjdf

asf;alsjflsdjfl;ksad

SO EXCITED!!!!

THIS IS SO GREAT!! I THANK YOU ALL....I thiank the bass gods, for smiling upon me! And I thanks SVS for making one hell of a sub and I haven't even configured it!!

Now to reply and apologize for my being an idiot!

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
I take it the proper fuse fixed your problems?

Good to hear if that is all it was.

Good thing to know that the trolls at Radio shack gave you the wrong fuse and it wasnt the sub.

Enjoy the bass.

DennisMc

Grip
Nate, Good to hear it was only the wrong fuse. I'm sooo jealous, I hope to be in SVS bass heaven soon !

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
This sub is incredible. I only have it half-way and I'm scared to push it any further. Playin' some metallica now and god-damn you can feel when those drums hit!!

This is exactly what I wanted.... I thank those at SVS for creating a beautiful sub and you guys on the message board for recommending it...

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Got a DVD player?

Check out Cunning Stunts, when the first pyro goes off right before Creeping Death.

I shat me kilt!

BOOM

Go LARS!! haa

Dax_M

Auditioning
Oh my...I remember when I first got that DVD. Of course it was turned up to 'jam' levels when that first pyro went off. Pooped my pants is a nice way to put it. Needless to say my 25-31 got broken in REAL fast. :)
Dax

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Dax_M. I had a similar expereince. I put the sub up to 75% and had my reciever on -20db cause I honestly wasn't expecting that much. I went to my computer and played the song "Only God Knowns Why" (decent song, but I keep it around for the bass in the beginning) and I thought I was about to break the windows in the house.

Now I have it ~50% and it sounds great. I'll have to see if any of my friends have an SPL meter so I can truely configure it. But I've already found the "dead" spot in my room and I've also found the place where you feel it the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks