Rechargeable AAA Batteries?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Andrea W, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Andrea W

Andrea W Supporting Actor

I have a wireless mouse that uses two AAA rechargeable batteries. They are Ni-MH 700 mAh batteries. I want to find something (Ni-MH) with more mAh, so they last longer. Any suggestions?

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Don't quote me on this, but it may not be possible. Most of the recharable batteries, including AAA's, do not have the initial 'kick' that non-recharables do. I have seen products that tell you NOT to use recharable batteries for that very reason.

Have you checked the specs on the Radio Shack ones?

Glenn

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I can't imagine a mouse eating batteries so often that you would need to go with rechargeables. I've had a wireless KB and mouse for 6 years and I probably don't change the batts once a year.
    That being said, if you are using up batts often, then rechargeables are he way to go. I use them in my radio control toys and my digital camera. The NiMH are certainly a LOT longer life than the old NiCD.....

4. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

I would also say don't use rechargeables for the mouse. It may cost a little more in the long run, but then you don't have to change them so often...

5. Andrea W

Andrea W Supporting Actor

6. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

> I can't imagine a mouse eating batteries so often that you would need to go with rechargeables

I never even thought of a mouse as needing batteries.

7. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Huh, I use my Logitech MX700 for about two to two and half weeks before I have to put it back in the cradle to recharge. That is for my home machine.

I use an old set of recharable alcalines @ work in my keyboard and mouse. They don't hold a charge as long, but the mouse is usually good for a week's use. They keyboard lasts about 6 months between charges...

Best bet, get a set of LiON units.

Whoops, just realized mine are AA's.

8. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

Hmm... I find that very strange. Both the Logitech and the Kensington use standard NiMH batteries - why? If you make such a cool mouse with charger and all, why not equip it with a decent Li-Ion battery that last longer???

Well, in that case Andrea I can see why you'd stick to rechargeables - but I'm afraid I can't really help you finding better ones... [​IMG]

9. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/
    These guys are great. They are mentioned over and over again on digital camera forums. I've ordered from them twice and have had great results.

10. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

11. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

One more reason to stick with the old reliable wired mouse.

12. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Is a wireless mouse REALLY a mouse?? (no tail)

[​IMG]

or is it a Guinea Pig?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. StephenK

StephenK Stunt Coordinator

Andrea,

I've also been looking for a better AAA with more "oomph". However, I've never seen a NiMh AAA with more than 700mAh. The only alternative is an alkaline recharghable AAA which has 750mAh but is only rechargable "100 times" as opposed to 1000 times for NiMh. Also, most stock rechargers aren't made for rechargable Alkalines. Anyway, try this site:

www.cyberguys.com

Good luck