What's new

Recevier recommendation for NHT speakers (1 Viewer)

Chemikalburn

Auditioning
Real Name
Jarrod Duncan
I'm getting a really good deal on some NHT Classic 3's or 2's and the matching center. I'm wondering what a good receiver would be for that. I'm looking to have a few HDMI ports, a few optical inputs, atleast a 6.1, I would like a 7.1. Do I need an amp for this as well? Any recommended amps? I'm looking to spend as close to $500 for the receiver as possible. I was originally looking at the Sony STRDG910, but was told instead to look at the Denon AVR1508, or the next step up from that.
'
If anyone has any insight, that would help, please let me know.

estimatedprophet

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim

ok, I give up ... I've seen the word "bump" posted as a reply in a few different forums -- but I've never been able to determine what it means. I'm guessing it means something like "bump up your expectations", but I really have no idea.

When you write "bump", what are you trying to communicate?

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
forum posts are shown based upon latest entries, so when someone bumps their own post it means that they want it to get noticed (i.e.: their question hasnt been answered).

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
And in this case, the original poster (OP) has pretty much answered his own question in the post and is merely looking for affirmation that the Denon will meet his needs.

The short answer for the OP is yes, the Denon will meet your needs well as comparable offerings from Yamaha, Marantz, Pioneer, and H/K.

JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks