What's new

Recessed lights with black trim (1 Viewer)

Andre P

Auditioning
I'm still framing my entire basement that will have a dedicated HT room. I'm trying to plan ahead for the lights that I want in the HT. My plan for lights includes 5 recessed cans, 3 over bar area and 2 over seating area. Two eyeball lights, one each pointed towards DVD rack and CD rack. Plus 4 wall sconces and a rope light on stage. I plan on painting my ceiling black or a very dark grey. With either of these color ceilings, where did you find black trimming and baffles for you recessed lights?

Thanks

Andre

POST #1 | Report this post

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Andre,

I am not sure where you are as far as location, but the Home Depot has plenty of cans and trims to choose from. Including baffles and eyeballs. I know they stock black baffles, however the black eyeballs might be special order. They stock white eyeballs.

Gods Love
chris

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Loewes also carries recessed lighting from Halo and Emerald. They have plenty of recessed lights with black baffles... I did not see any black eyeballs, but they look paintable "if" necessary.

Andre P

Auditioning
Thanks guys. I've checked both Home Depot and Lowes and have not been able to find black trim. I've found white trim with black baffle so I may have to go the route of painting the trim black.

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Andre,

Same here, we have a Lowe's and I purchased both the large and small cans, as well as eyeballs and a few wall washes. I did get the black baffles, but had to paint the trim. Our ceiling is a dark orange, so that's what I painted the trim. It looks great... However, if you figure out a way to paint the eyeball, let me know. Seems to me, once you paint it, that's it, you won't be able to move it around if you have to.

Andre P

Auditioning
Someone on another site gave me a link to USALight.com that has the black trim/baffles and eyeball lights. I don't have enough post to copy the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks