What's new

Recessed lighting without attic space? (1 Viewer)

GaryP

Second Unit
Guys,
Is there any way to get recessed lighting installed in a ceiling where there is zero attic space? Is it even possible to get wiring to the lights and so on? Who would I call, an electrician? Thanks for any pointers in advance.
Gary

GaryP

Second Unit
Wayne,
Yep you rained on my parade
wink.gif
. I halfway knew what the answer was going to be before I asked the question. You know, I really wouldn't mind doing all that work except I don't have sheetrock for walls, but rather paneling, and that is just almost impossible to patch and make it look halfway decent (I would have to do some cutting in the walls also to get the electrical to an outlet). Alas, I think I might try installing some wall sconces instead, that may be a much more obtainable goal. Fishing Romex straight up and down is much easier than going across beams and whatnot. For the record, this is in a mobile home, thus my limitations in what I can do in regards to electrical work. Thanks for your suggestions though.
Gary

GaryP

Second Unit
Wayne, thanks for rubbin' it in there my friend
wink.gif
I think recessed lighting, which I was going to shine down on movie posters, is just a really classy look. Overall I'm pretty disappointed that I'm probably gonna have to do without. I really think that is the one thing my HT is missing. However, I do think sconces can be very nice as well. I'm thinking about getting the type that shine upwards as well as downwards. Better than nothin'.
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks