1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Recessed lighting without attic space?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GaryP, Mar 11, 2001.

1. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Guys,
    Is there any way to get recessed lighting installed in a ceiling where there is zero attic space? Is it even possible to get wiring to the lights and so on? Who would I call, an electrician? Thanks for any pointers in advance.
    Gary

2. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Wayne,
    Yep you rained on my parade [​IMG]. I halfway knew what the answer was going to be before I asked the question. You know, I really wouldn't mind doing all that work except I don't have sheetrock for walls, but rather paneling, and that is just almost impossible to patch and make it look halfway decent (I would have to do some cutting in the walls also to get the electrical to an outlet). Alas, I think I might try installing some wall sconces instead, that may be a much more obtainable goal. Fishing Romex straight up and down is much easier than going across beams and whatnot. For the record, this is in a mobile home, thus my limitations in what I can do in regards to electrical work. Thanks for your suggestions though.
    Gary

3. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit