What's new

Recess mounted termination panel 4 speak? (1 Viewer)

Scott Sheridan

Auditioning
Does any one know of a recess mounted panel or patch bay where I can terminate all the speaker/video/cable tv runs behind a cover and then reconnect them on the front and run them to the equipment. Is this even advisable? Or should the speaker and video runs connect directly to the equipment with nothing in between them? Right now I have them all coming out in 2 electrical boxes and it looks like crap to me. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

scott

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Scott,

The only reason to do something like that is to make it quick and easy to reconfigure things – like if you regularly move a DVD player’s connections back and forth between a receiver and a recorder, or have a set of speakers for home theater and another for music. If that (or something similar) is not your situation, then it’s best to do direct connections.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
otherwise, if you do decide to use some sort of panel, there's many options available. radio shack, best buy, etc -- most of them sell these accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks