Reception problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pete Gitta, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Pete Gitta

Pete Gitta Auditioning

Ok, I know it's in the basement and all, but I'm having a really tough time pulling in Jerry Springer on UPN. I'm only about 57 miles from the transmitter and there are only a few trees and buildings between it and my house.

I have a 12" Emerson B/W set recently picked up (for a steal I might add) at a local garage sale. The seller threw in a UHF/coat hanger antenna with the set, but my question is, should I stick with the original coat hanger, make a new one, or look for rabbit ears at another sale? Do the coat hangers deteriorate after a certain number of hours?

I have about $5 saved up to fix this problem. Help! "I had sex with your mother's boyfriend" is going to be on next Tuesday and I don't want to miss it!

Any ideas?

P.S. Tried to pick up satellite with the Red Green trash can lid kit but it didn't work.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I understand that people are going back to tin cans and copper wire for improved sound.

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

4. Mark_HD

Mark_HD Extra

... Pete, sell the TV and road trip it to Springer's show ... especially if you've got something to contribute! [​IMG]