Recent Sequels Helping DVD Releases

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kajs, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Kajs

Kajs Second Unit

It seems that sequels/remakes have helped get out updated or new DVDs of awaited movies.

Ocean's 11 - The original along with other Rat Pack movies.

Sum of All Fears - From what I've heard updated Jack Ryan movies in Anamorphic.

Austin Powers 3 - In Like Flint/Our Man Flint

MIB II - Unfortunately just a repackaged dvd.

So I'm guessing Indiana Jones definately won't be out till 2005 at the earliest, most likely when the 4th movie is released to DVD. Which means guaranteed late 2005/early 2006 there will be at least 1 Indiana Jones DVD.

Kevin Smith's upcoming Fletch Won, will hopefully pan out to at least Fletch Lives DVD and/or "Collector's edition" of Fletch.

Can anyone think of other potential upcoming connections?

2. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

The 'deluxe' edition of Stuart LIttle

I'm praying Fletch Won's release persuade Universal to put Fletch Lives on DVD. I'd love a SE of Fletch too of course.

3. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

Hmmm ... The Star Wars:Attack of the Clones theatrical release doesn't seemed to have helped us get the original Star Wars Trilogy any sooner. In fact, it may have done the opposite, since Lucas is now stating that he no longer considers the Original Trilogy movies finished; and he's filming additional scenes for those films as he finishes the Prequel Trilogy. Therefore, the Original Trilogy cannot be released to DVD in any form until the Prequel Trilogy is totally finished.
    One can only wonder if the DVD format could not have had at least a basic release of the Original Trilogy by now if the Prequel Trilogy had not been in production during this period.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

5. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

The Hunt for Red October has been out in R2 with an anamorphic transfer for ages. I'm just concerned about the quality -- between all the different language tracks, and the HUGE number of subtitle tracks do they have any bits left for the film??
    Has anyone seen the R2 DVD?
    Ted