What's new

Recent "godzilla" Movies (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm another big Godzilla fan back from the 70's when I watched them as a kid. I've always liked the originals and always will and I'm normally the type of film fan that likes older movies and the originals better than newer versions but the Godzilla movies from 91 on are the best IMHO. Better stories and acting and better effects.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm another big Godzilla fan back from the 70's when I watched them as a kid. I've always liked the originals and always will and I'm normally the type of film fan that likes older movies and the originals better than newer versions but the Godzilla movies from 91 on are the best IMHO. Better stories and acting and better effects.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Make that 3 kiddie MOTHRA flicks. Only the first and second have made it to DVD in the US, but the third one plays on Sci-Fi pretty often.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Make that 3 kiddie MOTHRA flicks. Only the first and second have made it to DVD in the US, but the third one plays on Sci-Fi pretty often.

Lee Ford

Agent
I quite enjoyed the '98 Godzilla, actually, although I could have done without the subplot of Matthew Broderick's character and his girlfriend, and the Siskel and Ebert characters were highly annoying. It was a departure from the original Godzilla's design, but I don't see why we can't just separate the two, and say this was a different version, not neccesarily the same creature.

Lee Ford

Agent
I quite enjoyed the '98 Godzilla, actually, although I could have done without the subplot of Matthew Broderick's character and his girlfriend, and the Siskel and Ebert characters were highly annoying. It was a departure from the original Godzilla's design, but I don't see why we can't just separate the two, and say this was a different version, not neccesarily the same creature.

derek

Second Unit
Just ordered the most recent 3 (GODZILLA VS. MEGAGUIRUS ,GODZILLA, MOTHRA, KING GHIDORA: ALL OUT GIANT MONSTERS ATTACK, GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA) @ deepdiscountdvd.com ($15 with sale each.) Is Godzilla 1985 or Godzilla vs. Biolante available on DVD in the states?

derek

Second Unit
Just ordered the most recent 3 (GODZILLA VS. MEGAGUIRUS ,GODZILLA, MOTHRA, KING GHIDORA: ALL OUT GIANT MONSTERS ATTACK, GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA) @ deepdiscountdvd.com ($15 with sale each.) Is Godzilla 1985 or Godzilla vs. Biolante available on DVD in the states?

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
The last time I saw GODZILLA 1985 released was on VHS by Anchor Bay, during the early years of DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...video&n=507846

They also released a few of the other common 60's and 70's G-flicks, including SON OF and TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA. I'm almost certain I saw DVDs of SOME of these, but I could be seriously wrong.

I do remember hoping that the presence of them on VHS would mean that Anchor Bay would also do DVD versions, particularly for GODZILLA 1985, but I don't think anything ever materizlized, and if it did, G-1985 was not included. I eventually got the now-rare Simitar widescreen releases, but G-1985 wasn't part of that set.

Still hoping.

Biollante has not yet turned up on DVD.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
The last time I saw GODZILLA 1985 released was on VHS by Anchor Bay, during the early years of DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...video&n=507846

They also released a few of the other common 60's and 70's G-flicks, including SON OF and TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA. I'm almost certain I saw DVDs of SOME of these, but I could be seriously wrong.

I do remember hoping that the presence of them on VHS would mean that Anchor Bay would also do DVD versions, particularly for GODZILLA 1985, but I don't think anything ever materizlized, and if it did, G-1985 was not included. I eventually got the now-rare Simitar widescreen releases, but G-1985 wasn't part of that set.

Still hoping.

Biollante has not yet turned up on DVD.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla. Excellent final battle (kinda of Godzilla Sumo wrestling), better than the bug fight in Megaguirus. Funny though it has the same basic concept. Godzilla attacks and kills soldiers except for Army Girl who then is the hero later on. There's the scientist and the forlorn child. I noticed the nurse was the Army Girl from Megaguirus. Overall, I really enjoyed it, although it didn't help my Japanese much. In fact, they don't seem to say anything the way they teach it in the book. I imagine they use lots of slang and idioms.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla. Excellent final battle (kinda of Godzilla Sumo wrestling), better than the bug fight in Megaguirus. Funny though it has the same basic concept. Godzilla attacks and kills soldiers except for Army Girl who then is the hero later on. There's the scientist and the forlorn child. I noticed the nurse was the Army Girl from Megaguirus. Overall, I really enjoyed it, although it didn't help my Japanese much. In fact, they don't seem to say anything the way they teach it in the book. I imagine they use lots of slang and idioms.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive seen some of the 60 and 70s ones on DVD. Quality is probally not so great, but theyre out there.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive seen some of the 60 and 70s ones on DVD. Quality is probally not so great, but theyre out there.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
The Egyptian theatre here in Hollywood is having a "King of the Monsters-50th Birthday Salute to Godzilla" from June 24-29, 2004.

1) Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla-Jap w/Eng subs
2) Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S.-Jap w/Eng subs
3) King Kong vs Godzilla-Eng dubbed
4) Gigantis, The Fire Monster-1st authorized screening in 40 yrs!- Eng dubbed
5) Destroy All Monsters-Eng dubbed
6) Ultraman-Epi 10-Eng dubbed
7) Invasion of the Astro Monster(Monster Zero)-Eng dubbed
8) Ebirah, Horror of the Deep(Godzilla vz the Smog Monster)- Jap w/Eng subs
9) Rodan-English dubbed
10)Ghidorah, The Three Headed Monster-Eng dubbed w/Spanish subs-??????
11)The H-Man-Eng dubbed
12-Godzilla vs the Smog Monster-Eng dubbed
13)Godzilla vs Gigan-Eng dubbed
14)Godzilla vs King Ghidorah-Jap w/Eng subs

I've got my tickets for "Godzilla Toyko SOS, King Kong and Gigantis." :D

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
The Egyptian theatre here in Hollywood is having a "King of the Monsters-50th Birthday Salute to Godzilla" from June 24-29, 2004.

1) Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla-Jap w/Eng subs
2) Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S.-Jap w/Eng subs
3) King Kong vs Godzilla-Eng dubbed
4) Gigantis, The Fire Monster-1st authorized screening in 40 yrs!- Eng dubbed
5) Destroy All Monsters-Eng dubbed
6) Ultraman-Epi 10-Eng dubbed
7) Invasion of the Astro Monster(Monster Zero)-Eng dubbed
8) Ebirah, Horror of the Deep(Godzilla vz the Smog Monster)- Jap w/Eng subs
9) Rodan-English dubbed
10)Ghidorah, The Three Headed Monster-Eng dubbed w/Spanish subs-??????
11)The H-Man-Eng dubbed
12-Godzilla vs the Smog Monster-Eng dubbed
13)Godzilla vs Gigan-Eng dubbed
14)Godzilla vs King Ghidorah-Jap w/Eng subs

I've got my tickets for "Godzilla Toyko SOS, King Kong and Gigantis." :D

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor

I highly recommend tracking down an audio course in Japanese, like the Pimsleur one I mentioned in an earlier post. The books are always excellent, but hearing native speakers speak the language in concise, clear, conversational manner makes all the difference in the world. Believe me, even some the dialogue in the movies will begin to sound a little more recognizable. Since I got my audio CDs, I've barely looked at the books. And from what i hear, Pimsleur is probably the best way to learn just about any language. Try searching for lessons on music-swapping sites. A friend of mine got me the later lessons this way, since I was having trouble putting together a complete set from other sources.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor

I highly recommend tracking down an audio course in Japanese, like the Pimsleur one I mentioned in an earlier post. The books are always excellent, but hearing native speakers speak the language in concise, clear, conversational manner makes all the difference in the world. Believe me, even some the dialogue in the movies will begin to sound a little more recognizable. Since I got my audio CDs, I've barely looked at the books. And from what i hear, Pimsleur is probably the best way to learn just about any language. Try searching for lessons on music-swapping sites. A friend of mine got me the later lessons this way, since I was having trouble putting together a complete set from other sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks