What's new

Receiving notice that I'm using an ad blocker (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
... but I'm not. (Unless turning off Flash is considered an ad blocker.)
Just thought you'd want to know.

tns49

Agent
Real Name
Timothy
Note that I just started getting this message. (may not be related to original post). I am using Firefox (58.0.1 64bit) and Adblock+ but adblock+ is disabled for the site.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Me too, it started a few days ago, and since have whitelisted this page long ago, I am still seeing ads, but they are blocked by the message that I have an ad-blocker (which is true, but it is disabled on this site).
What has changed?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I would get it intermittently in the past, however recently migrated to Windows 10 and use Chrome with no ad blocker and get the message every time. FYI.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Just a thought, I replaced Google with Duck-Duck-Go recently, and they have some kind of site monitoring gizmo that hooks up to your browser, is that causing the problems, does it look like an adblocker to HTF?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I would get it intermittently in the past, however recently migrated to Windows 10 and use Chrome with no ad blocker and get the message every time. FYI.

Why would you get the message about ad blockers, when you're not using one?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I started getting this and seems it started when Chrome enabled their built in ad blocker in February -- interesting that;s with Post #2 showed. I've been irritated by it, but never went any further. Finally got tired of seeing it and for now I think I've figured it out --
To the left of the Address https://www.home............ there is a " )closed lock pic) Secure"

Click on Secure, click Site Setting, and about halfway down "ADS" turn on/Allow (I think that only changes the setting for HTF)
Now to see if that;s permanent or temp

EDIT: Apparently not the solution. I'm back to getting the banner this morning.

Last edited:

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Why would you get the message about ad blockers, when you're not using one?
Because the ad-blocker detection software is broken?

I get the message on the one computer I'm using Duck-duck-go on , but not my other computers, that still have Google.
Duck-Duck-go has a 'site privacy protection' setting, and when I turn that off, I no longer get the ad-blocker message, so I finally found out how to stop it, but I still consider it a bug.
Btw, Duck-duck-go found 144 trackers on this site ... 144

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks