What's new

Receiver's with an RF input for laserdiscs (1 Viewer)

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a receiver that's around $500 and has a built in RF demodulator for laserdiscs. I don't know if one exists in this price range but any info would help. Thanks.

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
If you are willing to consider a used receiver, the Harmon Kardon AVR-75 fits your needs. It does not, however, have the ability to decode dts.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
My Denon 3200 has one. But again no DTS with it.
Check around online, you can find them sometimes for around $450-500. Its a great reciever.
Earle
[Edited last by EarleD on August 25, 2001 at 09:28 AM]

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I think you're going to have a hard time in that price range. Yamaha only puts that on their flagship receivers which cost over $2000, and I imagine it will be that way with most others. The Denon Tim mentioned has an MSRP of $3800 I believe. Your best bet is to look for a decent receiver with several digital inputs, and try and locate an RF demodulator. Yamaha had one that many recommended and only cost $100, I'm not sure if its still available, but perhaps you can find it used someplace.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Hi Neil, if you have not already check the hardware for sale section, there is a Sherwood/Newcastle for sale in your price range.
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks