receiver's fuse

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by al lout, Jan 10, 2005.

1. al lout

al lout Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,

I have a question regarding receiver's fuse. My yamaha htr 5560 died 4 months ago. Now that I want to fix it up, first w/ the fuse. I took the fuse off my receiver, it shows 8amp 125v. I went to radioshack and couple other electronics stores. They don't have 8 amp. I remembered that 1 store carries a 6.3amp and 10amp fuse. Can I replace it w/ the 10amp fuse instead of the 8amp from Yamaha? Thanks in advanced.

Al,

2. Peter Fallon

Peter Fallon Extra

Radio Shack carries 8A 250V fuses, in both Fast Acting(RS Catalog #: 270-1014) and Slow Blow (RS Catalog #: 270-1030) forms. Check the blown fuse to make sure you pick the right style.

Don't replace it with a 10A fuse, that would defeat the purpose of having a fuse in the first place.

3. al lout

I failed to mention that the fuse size is 5X20mm. I've checked a few Radioshack stores but none carry it. Anybody know where I can get the fuse 8amp 125V or 250V 5x20mm slow blow. I'm in southern california (Los Angeles). Thanks.

4. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

5. al lout

Thanks for the info. I went out locally I bought a new fuse. Unfortunately, after put the new fuse in my receiver still show no sign of life... Any ideas other than bringing it to the shop. As I don't want to spent over 100 dollars to have it fix. Thanks.