What's new

Receivers and Pre/Pro's w/ HDMI v.2 switching... when?? (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
As we all know Hollywood is pushing hard for the HDMI v.2 (or greater) digital A/V interface for uncompressed high resolution audio and video.

Basic HDMI v.2 chipset specifications, that I can glean so far, call for the ability to port uncompressed 1080p/60 video and 8 channels of 24/96 PCM (more if compressed?), with at least 5 Gigabits/sec transfer speed if needed. This just so happens to be one of the output options bandied about for Blu-Ray.

More and more DVD players are using some sort of HDMI outputs and upcoming HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players will encorporate them as well. Many newer HDTV displays have HDMI inputs added with more on the way.

My question is when will receivers and pre/pro's start to have the lastest HDMI I/O switching capabilities as a standard feature? They seem to be very slow to come out, with many still using i-Link (IEEE 1394) or some other proprietary digital interface.

Any word on new models being released within the next year that have this important feature?

Inquiring minds wanna know... :D

Dan

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
There are several coming but whether or not they are using HDMI V2 is another story. I would be willing to bet that they all will be V1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks