What's new

Receiver w/ 2 zone capability (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I am helping a friend look for a receiver this weekend and need a good starting point. He will have about $400 - $600 to spend. I just need to know what models out there can run a second set of speakers that he has on his back deck in addition to the speakers for 5.1.

I have some decent knowledge of receivers, that why I just need to know which ones can handle the second set of speakers in that price range. Unfortunately he cant afford to get what I have, a Denon AVR-3803.

Thanks.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Does he want a/b speakers or seperate zones(meaning you can watch tv in one area and listen to a music in another?

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The 1803 has multi zone, but you will need an additional amp to drive the deck speakers. The 2803 has multi-zone power-amp assignment just like the 3803, but it is a little above his price range.

It is going to be hard to find a receiver with 7 channels of amplification and the multi-zone feature in that price range.

MattD

Stunt Coordinator
How about the Denon 1082? It is the same as the 3802 and has 7 channels of amplication. You can use the rear surrounds to power your zone 2 speakers. I just bought one for $595 + shipping.

Matt

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
On the 1803, you can switch between "surround back" and "zone two" for the 6th channel, and use it to power the 2nd zone (80w)

RobCar

Stunt Coordinator
Um, can't he just use the B speakers for his deck? That opens up his choices to just about every receiver on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks