What's new

Receiver to pair with Sony SA-VE230 (1 Viewer)

rick1906

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Robinson
Newbie here and first post... I just bought a new house that is wired with a Sony SA-VE230 5.1 set of speakers. I need a receiver to power it. I'm only planning to run DIRECTV, Apple TV, and an XBOX through it for now. I'm looking for a good quality receiver that would work with these speakers without me having to spend a fortune. Any recommendations?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
From the manual I found online these appear to be pretty standard speakers. Pretty much any AVR will power them. How much do you consider 'a fortune'? Decent receivers from Onky, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer, and others can be purchased for $200 and up. It really depends on the features you want/need.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Those are very basic, low end speakers. Any current surround receiver will do just fine. Any of the less expensive Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer, etc. receivers are just fine. They're all pretty much the same in the low price range. You can often find some really great closeout deals this time of year, on Denon in particular.

rick1906

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Robinson
THanks for the suggestions. I want to stay below $300 since it will be a pretty basic setup. I'll check these suggestions out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks