Receiver suddenly downmixing everything to stereo?!?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wes C, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

I just moved my Kenwood 544 into my dorm got it all hooked up and... the title says it all. I have my DVD player hooked up via an optical cable. The Receiver receives a DTS signal then down-mixes it into stereo. Pro Logic will not even show up when trying to select my listening mode. If I try listening to a DSP it shows all speakers working but only the stereo speakers are producing noise. No matter what I do I cannot get the center and surround speakers to work, and yes they are plugged in! Anyone have any ideas.

2. John Chevalier

John Chevalier Stunt Coordinator

can you do a speaker test on your receiver? See if the speakers work on that

3. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

Make sure the DVD player is setup to output a 5.1 signal and not just stereo. You will have to look in the DVD player's menu for a setting.

4. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Make sure the B speakers ARE NOT selected from the front of the receiver. When selected (along with the A speakers) the receiver will only send a STEREO signal to both A (your mains) and B (an optional set that would allow you to, for example, send a stereo signal to another room).
    I'm guessing this button was accidentally pressed when you moved the receiver. Being that you posted this yesterday I'm also assuming you've already figured out what the problem was. [​IMG]
    Vin

5. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

Vin you nailed it! I finally figured it out last night. I felt really dumb that it took so long! Thanks for every ones help