What's new

Receiver & Speaker Settings...HELP! (1 Viewer)

Zach

Agent
Hi Gang...long time no talk!

I have a Sony STR-V444ES receiver driving my HT and the JBL SCS300.7 speaker system on its way (Merry Christmas to me!) :D ...but here's my dilemma.

I haven't touched my current receiver/speaker set-up since the inital installation...about 5 years ago! I don't know what to do! :frowning:

Considering the specs of the receiver and the speakers, what baseline settings do you recommend? Speaker = large? small? Crossover settings on receiver/sub? Etc? I feel really lost!

Any input is appreciated...and desperately needed! ;)

Thanks!
Zach

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like the center and satellites only go down to 100Hz and that is at -6db. Set the speakers to small and cross them over at no lower than 100Hz. See how it sounds at 100Hz, then try the next highest setting and compare. Don't worry about the crossover on the sub, set it as high as you can or disable it if you can. You receiver will only send it frequencies below your crossover anyways.

MonicaT

Auditioning
I purchased the same speakers and a Pioneer 1014. I used the auto setup (MCACC) but the sound still sounds kinda low. Do you have the same problem with your JBL's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks