What's new

Receiver Recomendations (1 Viewer)

AndrewLevine

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the market for a surround sound reciever and would love the help of anyone interested in assisting.

for the most part it will only be driving a pair of Athena F2.2's.

-UNDER $350
-5.1 and up
-used 90% for music
-Good bass and loud (running 2.0)
-Sound quality is more important than loudness
-Amp Pre-outs would be nice but not required
-Reliable, proven brand name

Thanks everyone,
Andrew

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Take a look at Ebay. Harman Kardon sells refurb units on there for reasonable prices. For instance, there is a HK 335 on there right now going for $242 with about 16 hours left. It has pre-outs and an MSRP of $799.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a decent Onkyo TX-SR603X on uBid for $299. It doesn't have pre-outs (besides the sub), but for this price, it's a very capable receiver. It is a refurb, but it has a full one year warranty direct from Onkyo, so that's as good as you'd get w/a new one.

There's also a Yamaha RX-V550 that's a decent value there (again, no pre-outs). This also comes w/a one year warranty, but its from uBid instead of Yamaha.

If you're not turned off by refurbs or used, this is the most cost-effective way to go. In fact, I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V2500 from them a couple of weeks ago and it's pristine. Every refurb I've ever got from uBid has been immaculate. Three quarters of my equipment is either refurbished or previously used and I've rarely had any issues... -TD

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hiya,

How about the Panasonic sa xr series? Clean clear digital amps...at budget prices.

Regards
David

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I would probably save up a little more and get the Pioneer 1015. Going for $430 now at Onecall. This has a lot of features and is very, very popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks