Receiver questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Crosthwait, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Bill Crosthwait

Bill Crosthwait Second Unit

Hey everyone, I have been shopping for a new receiver. I have been satisfied with my kenwood 409 for the last couple years. Well it is time to upgrade (new polk speakers). I am looking for a receiver with multiple optical jacks(more than 3), DTS/DD or higher and multi-control remote. Also I would like a receiver that dosn't clip the first few seconds of sound when the DVD menu loads or when starting the DVD. I have around $700 to spend. Thanks

2. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

If you are willing to spend just a tad more, then the Onkyo 797 will fit your budget perfectly, it has 4 opt ins total, three in back and one in front as well as three coaxial digital ins and an opt digital out. It has DD, DTS, PLII, DTSES, and THX certification. It will not clip the first few seconds either. It terms of inputs and outputs, it beats them all, in terms of sound, IMO it beats them all as well. It retails for $1000, but you can get if for much less, around the $800 range, maybe a little more of less.

3. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

4. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Prices are dropping and will even more when the new models come out. I would wait two months! But if you can't, don't forget the 3802 and 2200 in your line up.[​IMG]

5. Bill Crosthwait

Bill Crosthwait Second Unit

Great! Thanks for all the info.