What's new

Receiver question (1 Viewer)

Eric Taylor

Agent
Are A/V Receivers known to get hot? Mine seems to get hot when it has been on for a short while. It's not really hot to the touch, but it puts out alot of heat. Just wondered, thanks.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Yes, this is very common. It's the reason why you should never stack anything on top of a receiver and should always leave plenty of room for adequate ventilation.
M.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a High-Current receiver such as Harman Kardon,Denon etc then yes,it is common for these to heat up as you push them.Wouldn't sweat it though,just make sure that everything is well ventalated.If you wish,you can install a small fan at the back of the unit to push air across the back and top.I believe that they are available at Radio Shack.

PaulKH

Second Unit
Eric, I would not stand your receiver on top of other equipment. You should get a shelf or a small rack and have the receiver at the top, or in my case I have the receiver beside my other 'stack' of lightweight and not power-hungry equipment (DVD, STB, VCR).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks