Receiver Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DavidShlapak, Oct 5, 2005.

1. DavidShlapak

DavidShlapak Auditioning

Hey, all. Almost certainly at least a near-FAQ, but...

I'm looking for a 7.1 receiver in the $1-2K price range. My current system is built around a Rotel RSX-965, which I like. So I'm considering the RSX-1067 for my new setup, but it's at the high end of my price range so I'm wondering if there's something a little...er, more modest...that might do the trick. Is there any consensus--or even just a couple of popular recommendations--out there?

One unit that I've seen that looks promising is the Yamaha RX-V2600; I'd love to hear about any experiences with that.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers.

--- das

PS --- Sorry, meant to also say that this is mainly going to be used for movies & TV; maybe 90/10 between that and music.

2. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Maybe the Denon 3806?

It compares pretty evenly with the Yamaha you mentioned (I'm also looking at that one).

3. John S

John S Producer

I dunno, what does a Denon 4806 go for? Seems you may be able to find one for around that.

H/K has their 7000 series. I mean, you can get flagship/very near flagship level for $2000 easy.

I sure have been exceedingly pleased with my Denon 4802 for a long time now. Flagship level AVR's are pretty impressive and special in my opinion.

I don't see how you could go wrong with these level AVR's from any of the main stream guys really.

Let us know what you decide though for sure.

4. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Well John, the 4806 lists for $3,500 but perhaps with your connections you can help him find one for between $1K-$2K.

The HK 7300 is readily available for $1,300 delivered, but the fan noise problem........

The Denon 3806 is probably not a bad suggestion.