What's new

Receiver + PSB speakers (1 Viewer)

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Sound off PSB owners as to how you are driving your speakers. All this talk of bright and laid back and warm and too forward is, well, confusing to Mr. Novice here. I'm just curious which brand you feel drives your PSB speakers the best. I currently have the PSB Image 2B in the front and the PSB Century (can't remember the model number) center.

Thanks

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
well, NAD and PSB are owned by the same parent company and are oftened demoed together...

Rich

Jason GT

Second Unit
Well, I can't really compare different amplifiers that I had hooked up to my PSB Alphas, but with a HK receiver it sounded pretty good. Doesn't make it "best" by any means, and the Alphas, while terrific, are an entry level speaker.

Picked up a (separate) Rotel power amp and found the sound somewhat more forward; a bit less pleasing, though
- I didn't listen too critically (had new speakers to hook up too!)
- this may have merely been psychoacoustic rather than 'real'.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
I have a pioneer receiver hooked up to mine, and now that it's in a good room, it sounds fantastic. PSB make some of the best speakers for their price range available. the only thing I would consider besides my PSB's are B&W's. they are great for the money too....

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
PSB Image 6T front left and right. Image 9C centre. Image 2B surrounds. Mirage BPS-400 sub. Marantz SR6200 receiver. All set to small. The sound isn't too brite for me. Sounds good. Clean and flat response.

Seiken Nakama

Auditioning
I've tried my yamaha rx-v2090, rx-v1000, and the rx-v1400 with the psb 5t, 9c, 2b setup and have found the rx-v1000 producing a detailed but a little too bright sound out of the psbs, but mated with the rx-v1400 they sound very flat and natural.

WillieM

Stunt Coordinator
I was running the same speakers as Seiken (Subsonic6 sub though) with a Denon AVR-886 (I think thats equal to the 2802).It all ran prety good. With the speakers you have, this should be more than enough. I have since added 2 amps - Acurus 2X 100 and 3X 100. I am bi-amping my front L/R speakers and using 1 channel for my center. I let the receiver only handle the 2 rear speakers. Much cleaner, clearer sound now, but the Image 5T's and 9C are a bit more speaker to drive than your setup. The receiver alone should be sufficient for your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks