Receiver problem...Making Fuzzy noises on the Right Front Channel

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Sergio S, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Sergio S

Sergio S Extra

Hello, I just setup my surround system, Moved from another area, and my right speaker now has fuzzy noises, but only because of the receiver. When i plug the same speaker into the left front or any other place, it has no fuzzy noise. Also, My receiver has 2 channels, but channel a is the surround 5.1, and channel b only has 2 speaker inputs, but those are for the fronts and the B channel works fine with the left and right. The A channel, the right speaker has fuzzy noises.

My setup is an
    ONkyo 595 DS
    JBL n24 Northridge speakers
    JBL pb 12" sub.
    I think there was this fuzzy noise before I moved, but I never thought twice about it. Does anyone here know why it is donig this. Also, Is there anyway I can use the front B spakers with the Surround and center A speakers. The fuzzy noise is not because of the speaker, it is a receiver problem as all the other channels are clear. Someone please help. Thanks alot!

2. lee ison

lee ison Stunt Coordinator

sounds like a bad connection ,either at the speaker terminal or from the amp to the speaker teminal(inside the rec.)

3. Kernel X

Kernel X Extra

Hello Sergio! First of all is your receiver close to a television set? It may be static electricity causing your problem. Processors are very sensitive to static electricity. If this is the problem all you have to do is move your receiver or tv further away. Then shut your receiver off and turn it back on, wait about 4 or 5 seconds and shut it off before you hear the "click". This should get rid of the problem. Best of luck, Kernel.

4. Sergio S

Sergio S Extra

hello, Thanks for the comments guys...I tried movinv the receiver from the tv and no luck....BTW, its only the front right speaker connection, no other connection. I am not sure....is this fuzzy noise harmful, because if not, I can live with it if it doesnt ruin my equpiment, Second, Shoudl I open the receiver and see if theres any loose connections I have no idea what to do?

5. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Sergio,
    I don't have an answer for you, but I have a very similar experience after moving.

I'm using an Onkyo TX-DS898 7.1 receiver, and my LEFT FRONT channel was emitting a static-like popping sound. I had JBL Northridge N26 speakers, but replaced them with Aperion Audio 522 bookshelves (and then with 633-T Towers later).

I did find a solution to my problem, though. My reciever has a setting called "upsampling". When I turned that feature off, the sound went away.

Also, the sound on my receiver only came from 2 channel PCM audio sources when I used Dolby Prologic II Surround modes. If I engaged any of the DSP's, it would stop (possibly because "upsampling" didn't apply to those DSP's). I never tried using a different digital input or different cables.

I don't know why it happens, and I am a little annoyed, but I will be upgrading my receiver soon so I'm not too worried about it.