What's new

Receiver or Amp recommendation for Klipsch RF-3 (1 Viewer)

Khaled Sherif

Auditioning
Hi, I would appreciate your help with the following:
I currently have Yamaha RXV-995 A/V receiver and Klipsch RF-3 as front tower speakers. I'm happy with the HT sound when playing DVD movies, but I'm not happy with the 2-speaker stereo sound (effect off setup on the receiver). I read a lot about this receiver/speaker combination and most people say that they don't match as they are both bright. Now to achieve a good stereo music I was going in one of those 2 routes:
1- keep my receiver for HT and connect a good 2 channel power amp to the pre-amp out of the receiver. A local dealer recommended the Bryston 3B-ST for the RF-3s (is this a good recommendation?)
2- change the receiver and get the Denon 3802 as it has a warmer sound that can work better with my RF-3s (it's easier to sell the receiver than selling the speakers)
Which route should I take, and why?
Thanks for any help I can get.
Khaled..

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I think you really have to ask yourself how unhappy you are with the sound. If you are only slightly unhappy with the sound a new reciever/amp may be perfect for you. However if the stereo sound really doesn't please you, looking at the more expensive RF5 and RF7 speakers might be more to your taste.
I am running Klipsch RF3s and a Paradigm servo 15 driven by a Denon 3801. I am perfectly happy with the sound I am recieving I just perhaps would go for more powerful speakers with more bass the next time around, probably with a 12" driver in the actual speaker.
As far as sound quality and clarity goes this sounds awesome.
Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks